CUPHSONAA Research Grants
CUPHSONAA provides research grants to Columbia University School of Nursing (CUSON) alumni.
Individuals eligible to apply for and receive a CUPHSONAA research grant must meet the following criteria:
- Be an alumnus of Columbia University School of Nursing.
All research grant applicants must submit a completed application with the required supporting documentation by the application deadline. The annual application deadline is June 1. Required supporting documentation includes:
- Grant application.
- National Institute of Health (NIH) biosketch.
- If currently a student, a letter from the student’s research advisor and/or chair indicating approval of the research plan, and a copy of their current transcript.
- Notice from Institution Review Board (IRB) granting approval to conduct the research study. OR, documentation that the study is under review. However, if IRB application is pending, grant dollars will not be awarded until this notice received.
- Research grant budget cannot include the purchase of a computer or textbooks. Allowable expenses are: appropriate software, study printing materials, intervention materials, participant incentives, travel to research sites, project research assistants, statisticians, conference attendance to present research findings (includes conference registration, travel [airfare, train, car mileage reimbursement at federal rate], hotel, and if appropriate poster production). Early bird conference registration and economy travel expenses are expected.
The annual application deadline is June 1st.